This 2 hour package is designed to give you time with a professional interior designer who will guide you towards your interior dreams. The time will be divided between understanding the project and preparing your design solution. This is an on-site or virtual consultation, and includes design feedback.
You know something is not working in your space, and every now and then you look at your room, and you think – I’ve got to do something about this space. But you don’t know where to start…
ROOM FOCUS is cut out for you.
ROOM FOCUS does exactly what the name says – it focuses on a specific area. We are going to talk about your goals and dreams for the room, look at the different aspects of your space, and bring it all together with a design solution for your room.
You will receive a personal storyboard with illustrations, recommendations and descriptions. A smart move in the right direction.
ROOM FOCUS is perfect for you if:
– You know something is not working in your room, but you just cannot pull it together
– You’re quite hands-on and like to experiment, but you just need that bit of something to nudge you to get going.
– You need more than what a quick question answered during a SNAP SOLUTION session is going to give you.
– Right now now isn’t the best time for you to go with a FULL FOCUS service.
This is how it works:
OPTION A: On-location Consultation within Seattle area.
OPTION B: Virtual Consultation
We’ll set up an appointment and meet at your place (OPTION A), or start our conversation via email (OPTION B).
During our session we’re going to chat about what you want, need and how it sits with the room (please check out the Preparations Questions below).
During our session you have my full attention – now is your chance to ask me all your stored-up questions and spill your design frustrations.
My main objective is to get a better understanding of your style personality, and how you use your space. We’ll discuss the elements of design in your room – starting with the layout, colour, proportion, wall and floor finishes, window treatment and lighting, and look at better ways to use what you have.
After our meeting you can look forward to a concise storyboard just for your space; a design solution shaped around your dreams and all the aspects of your specific situation. I will interpret all the information we discussed, and add whatever illustrations and visuals necessary to explain your design direction. This will be communicated to you electronically.
From here you can choose to implement the design yourself, or you can move forward as a FULL FOCUS client. Let’s see how it goes.
Because the time on this package is limited, I may not be able to go back and forth with continuous consultations. Should you have further questions, I’ll be happy to answer them through SNAP SOLUTIONS.
How to prepare for your meeting
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME WITH A DESIGNER
There is limited time for our meeting and we both want to feel that we’ve achieved something great in the end. To make the most of every minute, we both need to come prepared.
Here are some things you can start thinking about.
- Your wish list. Often there are more than one room that clients ask us to look at. If time allows, we will. Make a list of the things you would like to change and wish you could do and arrange them in order of how important they are to you. We will tackle the items on your list from the top down, and go until our time is up.
- What’s your style? Think about the look and feel of places that speak to your heart. What do you like? If you haven’t started some sort of scrapbook yet, do so now. It helps me to form a picture of who you are, what you like and what’s important to you. This could be pictures from the Internet or magazines, actual places you’ve seen, or a special object, fabric or artwork that you love.
- Think about the room. How you use it, what you need? What do you like about the space and what not.
- How far do you want to go? You probably want me to come up with some pretty awesome ideas, and my head will be spinning with possibilities. But there is no use for me to whip up grand ideas if there’s no way we’ll be able to make them happen for you. I need to know what your limitations are. How deep do you want us to go? What are your limitations in terms of budget, time and scope?
Give as much information you can think of. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s not important – it makes my task easier and might save you time and money down the line.
PLEASE REMEMBER: We have only 120 minutes. I wish I could design your entire house in that time, and while I can cover quite a lot, we have to be realistic.
If we come to the conclusion that your design needs are bigger than what a120 minute ROOM FOCUS session an design plan can offer, we will reduce the cost to $220 and make arrangements for a more fitting approach.